Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Friends

Tonight, I had the chance to have a long chat with a good friend. I'm so glad to have amazing friends, like him. We have been friends for a while, but until this January we hadn't really been very close. That changed, and now the two of us are practically inseparable. It's great! He's such an awesome kid. He's helped me figure out a few things about being a best friend.
  1. sometimes, personal sacrifice is required. Time, money, a listening ear, a crying shoulder...
  2. you have to really get to know this person. learn their "isms", what do they do in certain situations, how do they react, what do they like to do, how do they relieve frustration, what are their non-verbal cues telling me...etc...stuff like that
  3. you HAVE to communicate. talking is important in working out any problems or misunderstandings that arise. honest communication is the only way to move a relationship of any sort in a forward direction.
  4. if something goes wrong, fix it! and don't wait a long time before you do, try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

I wouldn't be who I am today without the wonderful influence of my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment